What is Myotherapy
Myotherapy assesses and physically treats myofascial pain, injury and dysfunction affecting movement and mobility. Myotherapy is applied in the preventative, corrective and rehabilitative phases of therapy to restore and maintain the normal integrity of the soft tissue structure (muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia) of the human body.
Make an appointment
To make an appointment with the practitioner of your choice, please use the below:
Our Myotherapists offer a wide range of treatment options upon the assessment of your condition:
- Massage: including soft tissue and deep tissue massage.
- Stretching: Stretching exercises help increase blood flow and reduce tension.
- Cupping: Cupping is a treatment that draws blood to an affected area using special suction cups.
- Trigger point therapy: Trigger points are areas of hyper-irritability in the soft tissue.
- Dry Needling: Dry Needling is similar to acupuncture but is not based on the Chinese meridian system.
- Prescriptive exercise: The myotherapist will recommend remedial physical exercises.