With only a few weeks left of school holidays, it’s time to hit the shops and find a pair of school shoes which will keep your feet happy and last all year long!
School shoes will be one of the best and one of the most important investments you’ll make in 2018. With children wearing them for 8hrs a day, 5 days a week, school shoes will be the most worn pair for the year. Which is why I have researched and listed the best school shoes for 2018.
When looking for a good quality shoe, be sure to look for the following key features:
– Shoe strength – the shoe should bend at the toes but not through the middle or arch of the shoe.
– Firm heel counter – test with the pressure of your thumb, it should be difficult to fold down.
– Thick sole to prolong the lifetime of the shoe and increase shock absorption.
Tips for buying school shoes
– Get both feet measured – It is common for one foot to be slightly larger than the other so make sure you buy shoes to fit the larger foot.
– Length – Allow for the width of one finger from the end of the longest toe. This will allow for ample growth and movement when walking.
– When to shoe shop? – Our feet can swell later in the day, so it is beneficial to try on shoes then to get the best fit.
Top picks for girls
1) The Ascent range stocked at Athletes Foot.
2) Clarkes range stocked at Athletes Foot, Faull’s Footwear and Betts Kids.
Top picks for boys
1) The Ascent range stocked at Athletes Foot
2) The Clarkes range stocked at Faulls shoes, Betts and Athletes Foot
If you have any questions on footwear or how you can give your feet the best start to 2018 then give the clinic a call!
11 Fenwick street Geelong : 5222 2358
22 Princes terrace Jan Juc : 5261 4146