We are lucky enough to have our very own Ergonomic Consultant working from MAHG. We have drawn on his expertise and now you can benefit too with these great tips (available to download here):
Important tips for Office Workers:
- Remember to check your work station every day, especially if you share it with others.
- If you are using a sit/stand desk try switching between positions every 1-2 hours.
- These ergonomic principles are guidelines, not rules. Changes can feel ‘different’ and you may require a trial period to adjust to it.
- Take regular breaks – 1-2 minute macro standing breaks every 30 minutes will help reduce your risks, 5 second micro breaks every 5 minutes when performing repetitive mouse and keyboard work.
- Rest and refocus your eyes periodically. Look away from the screen every so often and focus on something else for a few seconds.
– Nick Cannon | Osteopath and Ergonomic Consultant