Flu Fighting JuiceTom
How good is a natural juice? Especially when it can help to protect you from those winter nasties. It is easy to digest and packed full of yummy goodness!
Pineapple juice is more than perfect for this. Pineapple contains a great supply of sulphur and chlorine, which both aim to cleanse the respiratory system of mucous. Sulphur protects against mucus accumulation in the respiratory and digestive system, while chlorine reduces congestion and bronchial problems. Pineapples also contain A and C which will also assist with fighting off any infections.
Using a cold pressed juicer to retain all of the nutrients, such as sulphur, chlorine and vitamin C which are all heat sensitive, would be the most beneficial.
The remaining ingredients in this juice are incredible. They all have properties that will boost your health – you will feel revitalised and your skin will simply glow!
Try making this your new daily go-to for a while, throwing in additional ingredients like lime, lemon, turmeric, celery and so on can help to add a bit of variety.
You could further enhance the benefits of this daily regime by following with a shot of Camu Camu (a powder rich in Vitamin C) and Probiotic designed to support the immune system, simply in a little water and guzzled down.
Using Organic Ingredients where possible, will provide best quality nutrients and ease unnecessary demands on the liver to cleanse of the body of any potential nasties.
- 200g carrot (about 2 carrots) – Peeled if not organic
- 70g kale (a large handful of kale leaves including stems)
- 100g beetroot (about a 1/4 of a beetroot) – Peeled if not organic
- 1 blood orange
- 250g pineapple
- A large knob of ginger, or to taste.
- Prep the fruit and vegetables to a size that will fit into your juicer.
- Starting with the ginger, juice all ingredients and finish off with a carrot (as it is dry and will ensure all juice comes out of the juicer).
- Serve in a Coconut Oil jar as it fits perfectly and can be taken on the run.