Myotherapy & Bowen Therapy
Tom McLeod is a Myotherapist and Bowen Therapist with 13 years experience in the soft tissue industry. He has a special interest in rehabilitation and treatment of sports injuries. Tom has taught Myotherapy at the Gordon, and has continued teaching professional development courses.
- Ankle injuries such as ligament tears and strains
- Knee injuries such as runners knee and ligament strains
- Hip conditions - such hip impingement and muscle strains
- Shoulder injuries - such as rotator cuff tears and frozen shoulder.
- Dry needling to treat muscular pain
Tom is a passionate sportsperson who loves to keep fit and be involved in sporting clubs. He has previously supported the following sporting teams and clubs to overcome and prevent some of the above injuries, giving him a sound knowledge in the field:
- Melbourne Victory football club
- Leopold football and netball club
- Scottish Commonwealth Games team
- Breakwater Soccer Club.
Tom also uses the Bowen Technique which is a gentler technique that can be used to treat acute and chronic conditions such as frozen shoulder, lumbar disc injury, chronic fatigue, and TMJ pain and headache, on the very young to the very old.
Chronic pain is often difficult to treat Tom uses a multi facet approach to educate and rehabilitate the client to return them for full function. Combining his knowledge from the two techniques gives Tom a road and dynamic approach to treat and facilitate healing.
Fun facts about Tom:
Tom is also a first born twin!
He is an avid Golfer
He is a table tennis legend!